The one that started it all

I posted this picture for a reason.  When I looked back, I immediately thought "wow, look at my stomach-its flabby" and I never thought I could post it.  It took a lot for me to do because being thin/fit/flat is pushed so much in my face that if I am anything BUT that, then it is not enough.  Why am I being taught this though? I don't get why having some extra fat to love is bad? Now, I am not saying I am fat, but I am not fit/in shape/toned-I have cellulite and all that fun TYPICAL stuff but I am not one to post images of me looking unflattering.  But who said this was an unflattering photo? Society.
The whole reason for this blog is to rethink how I see myself but also, how the world sees me.  I don't really have anything to prove to anyone but if I can change the way my nieces view themselves then I say I did a good thing.  I would like to continue to work on myself; continue to learn to love everything that makes me, me:
-My resting bitch face
-My quick-temperedness
-My big/open heart
-My curiosity
-My drive
-My stubbornness
-My willingness to give my all in everything that I do.

So here goes nothing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Different Types of Parents

Cellular Myofibroma

Sigh of Relief