Reflection


 I found this posted on Instagram through a hashtag I follow and it just stood out to me.  Oftentimes, I find that I love hard.  Normally I think it is a good thing and something I really love about myself.  After seeing my thoughts written by someone else I have found it can be unhealthy to love someone SO much, especially if it means I am loving myself less.  To this day, I focus on how to make others happy, over-perform or over-compensate, and have unrealistic expectations.  I often would justify a partners behavior which made me feel like I did something wrong.  We often forget to think about and take care of ourselves.  It is important in a relationship to take a step back sometimes and refocus.  I have thought a lot about going back to therapy and I feel like if I am thinking about it then I need to go before I become so overwhelmed that I am unsure how to cope. 


I am not trying to say that my current relationship is causing me to feel like I need therapy nor am I saying that it is so perfect that I have no problems.  This post isnt about relationships; it is more about me learning how to be healthier as a person independently but also in my relationship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Different Types of Parents

Cellular Myofibroma

Sigh of Relief