Why Can't I Be Tired Too?

I am not saying that my exhaustion is MORE THAN yours, but why can’t I want to lay in bed after my day as well?

It bothers me when people say “try having a kid” or “youre this/that?! You don’t even have a kid”
You’re right. I don’t. I don’t want one (yet) and you shouldn’t be making me feel like my feelings aren’t valid just because I am choosing not to have a child. I can be tired because I was woken up at 8; it’s still tired. I can be lazy and just want to watch Tv because I spent 5 hours playing fetch in the hot sun with my dog. I can complain about the price of dog food and vet bills because her food is $90/bag-sure it isn’t diapers but it’s still an expense.

I shouldn’t have to feel invalidated because I do not want a child. I still like my sleep. I still like my vacations. I still like being carefree and not having that responsibility. That is MY choice.  


And that is 100% okay.

Comments

  1. Your feelings are valid! Every mama felt stress and exhaustion before having their kids too! You have a lot going on! Just different stages of life and different stresses/new levels of exhaustion haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Different Types of Parents

Cellular Myofibroma

Sigh of Relief