Distance Learning


I think one of the hardest things for me about this new distance learning is that I cannot physically do anything about it.  A lot of people complain about the fact that  they are working more hours or that they don't know how to do it-like any of us really do.  But for me, it is about my kids.  If my kids are regressing (which they are), then I have to just sit.  If they are making gains (which few are), I have to sit. If parents are doing nothing with their child (because they are tired, or cant, or dont know how, or dont want to), I just have to sit. 

I just have to sit.

I reach out to parents and some dont want anything-they have flat out told me-NO, not interested. These are my kids too; you gave birth to them and raised them up until this point but I love them too. I want the best for them too! I want to see my kids and I want them all to succeed.  And I know that I can do more in order to ensure that. But I cant do it alone.

I do not mean to undermine what is happening at home.  I do not have any kids that I have to do this distance learning with so I cannot fathom how it must be; whether you have 1, or 2, or 5; whether your child is typically developing or has a disability; whether you do not have access to materials that your child needs.  I do not know. I am no parent who is living during this time so I am not down playing what is happening.

I am a teacher.  I care about your child.  I want to help.  Call me.  Text me.  Ask me for help.  I will read to your child.  I will sing with them.  I can send more work home. I can make more resources.  I am here and I am WANTING to do so much more then I am.


Or, I can be silent.  I will post on ClassDojo and just let you try and figure out your new normal.  If that is what you need from me right now, that is what I can do for you.  I want the best for all my kids even if that means sitting back and letting what is happening, happen.


I miss all of my students; they are my kids too.

Comments

  1. You are a bomb teacher who does it for all the right reasons! Luh you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Different Types of Parents

Cellular Myofibroma

Sigh of Relief