Back and Forth

Image result for communication is a two way street

You know whats annoying? When people say I haven’t heard from you in awhile.


I went to see my stepdad for fathers day and my stepmom was there and she was saying that I haven’t reached out since I moved out in March-but it was said in a really snarky way.  Mind you, I have reached out and have asked to see my stepdad but he said he is always busy and will get back to me.

Well the phone goes two ways-you haven’t reached out to me either. I think it is a little rude and hypocritical for someone to say that I haven’t done my part to maintain a relationship when I did with the person I was closest too.  Because that does not include you does not mean that I am not staying connected or reaching out.

The thing with relationships is that I don’t need random people in my life; if you are not making a positive impact on my life or my happiness then why should I feel like I owe you anything?  Yes I know you and just because you are connected to someone I care about I don’t necessarily need to be your best friend.  If it works out that way then that is fine but I am not going to force myself to care about someone or to have a shallow relationship with someone.  The thing with me is that I will try my best with you but if you keep neglecting me or ignoring me, then why should I keep putting myself out there? Slowly, the calls will be less and our relationship will dwindle...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Different Types of Parents

Cellular Myofibroma

Sigh of Relief