Sigh of Relief


 

I quit my job this week.  It was no longer bringing me happiness and sense of fulfillment that I first had.  My district expects a lot, which I can 100% keep up with, but when my work is being questioned with absolutely no reason and everything I do is being nitpicked then I cannot stay around and just take it.

I was displaced this year-both of my classrooms closed down so I was having to go back into a SDC Pre-K classroom.  Instead of giving me, a teacher who has been there 7 years, priority over placement, the district hired new teachers and with 2 and 1/2 weeks before work started, I still do not know where I am going.  I reached out to the head of special education, directors, union reps and the president, and the department of early childhood with no response.  I was disrespected after everything I did for the district and my students.  I was made to feel unimportant. and my work was not valued; I was not valued.  



The school district is a business-this is what someone just told me.  They are here to make money, not take care of kids.  They do not care about us.  So we should look at them as a business and if they are not suiting us, then we need to move on.  I have finally taken all that I can.  I have been unhappy for about 3 years.  I love working with my students and helping the parents and I loved my job and what it entailed.  I just reached my breaking point.  I am going to miss some of my co-workers and the year round schedule.

I am ready for something new.  I am excited.  I will be looking for new things and want to learn new things.  My new position starts in August so I will have a little extra time off with my babes which will be nice since a new babe will be joining us in November/December.  

Until then, I am putting myself first and I am going to do what is best for me.  Not JUST Mateo, but ME.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Different Types of Parents

Cellular Myofibroma