Toxic work environments


This post is about standing up for yourself.  I am a woman so if I say something I am automatically assumed to be a bitch if I do not agree or if I am not complacent.  I worked with someone who made me lose my shit.  Legit, I was going to quit because the toxic energy she emitted as well as all of the lies and bullshit.

This person was inferior to me in regards to position; I would give directions and explain how things are to be done and it was just blatant disregard for what I said.  I am going to give facts-not any of how I felt about her.  She would lie to my face and she treat the children differently.  She seemed unwilling to learn (and I say unwilling because she just did not agree with my teaching style so she would not do it; maybe under someone elses direction she would have been more open).  She told my principal that I was abusing the children in my care-a downright lie and something like this could really ruin the career I worked so hard for.

The whole reason I am posting this is so that whoever is reading this, knows that they need to speak up when something is wrong.  I tried to my best to work with this individual but I found it hard and so I spoke up and went to my boss so that I could rephrase what I was saying-maybe it was me and she was not understanding what I was saying.  That being said, accusations were made against me and I had to deal with that.

DO NOT STAY IN AN UNHEALTHY WORK ENVIRONMENT.  Your mental health is so much more important than a job.  I was going to work unhappy and I could not stand being there-and it was not the kids! Luckily it worked out for me in the end and I am happier now but please PLEASE do not stay somewhere that makes your life unhealthy and lose sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Different Types of Parents

Cellular Myofibroma

Sigh of Relief