Homeowner problems


I am the first person to own something in my immediate family (my dad did but he doesn’t anymore so I don’t feel like that counts). No one tells you anything about dealing with HOA or downstairs neighbors. I think the hardest part for my right now is trying to balance owning my home and setting aside money for fun stuff. I do not want to be house poor and not be able to do anything fun in my free time.
Lately it’s just bill after bill after bill and it sucks. And I HATE it when people say “that’s being a home owner!”
How about you put the shut to the up and give me some useful information.

I have recently been feeling a lot of pressure in two aspects of my life: my savings and my physique.
I used to have a nice little amount of money saved aside for emergencies and I’m feeling very disappointed with how much I have now because expenses have piled up for various home owner things. I want to be able to have a cushion and save a certain amount and that is partially who I am as a person; I want to plan and be able to map my life. With the amount I have now I feel like if something happened I wouldn’t be able to do that. It’s stressful and there isn’t much I can do (although my mom would probably argue that buying a ticket to Barcelona and Paris and Rome doesn’t help my expense).





The second stressor is my physical body. The only time I’ve ever been physically fit was in high school. I had to work hard at it but I played a sport so it really didn’t matter. But now it’s hard, and I’m lazy. I don’t have any motivation to do anything until it’s 9:45 at night and I’m in bed thinking yeahhhhhh I should have gone for a run. How do people do that? Right the urge of “I don’t like my body so I need to work our” vs. “I’m tired and want to have some me time and sleep” ?  Then, I feel bad for saying that "I have a little chubbs" or that I want to work on myself because I KNOW that there are people who are overweight and have more "chubbs" than I do. That makes me feel guilty and I like I cant work on myself because I am "already fine."  It doesnt help that I truly believe that my mom is scared of, or grossed out by, people who weigh more than 100 pounds.  She wont ever say anything to US but she does make comments and it is uncomfortable.  I dont mind some of the things she says about that, though, because I dont feel like she has always felt that way.  I think her way of living has changed a bit and her perspectives have shifted.  If I gained more weight I would not mind what my mom would say to me or about me; but it does bother me to hear her comments about other people.  I dont feel like this is a reason I want to lose weight/get toned. I just want to be healthy.  There is a lot going on and  I want to try and do as much in this life as possible for as long as I can.
But damn those Mrs. Fields Cookies.

I know this isn’t just me; I’m not the only one but these thoughts. I dont know how to end this post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Different Types of Parents

Cellular Myofibroma

Sigh of Relief